Challenge Participant 80% Professional Reader Reviews Published

Monday 11 May 2015

Roxy by Stevie J Cole

Roxy Banner  

Title: Roxy (Pandemic Sorrow Book 3) Author: Stevie J Cole Book Tour: May 11 – May15 Hosted by: SBB Promotions

add-to-goodreads-button31
Roxy Cover
Synopsis
My life had been no fairy tale. Actually, growing up, it had been something more like a nightmare, which is why I ended up so hard. When you don't want to hurt having the ability to be numb is your best defense mechanism. And for a long time all I was doing was existing.
Jag Steele, the lead singer of the international rock band Pandemic Sorrow, was the epitome of everything I despised: arrogant, entitled, but the thing I hated most about him was that he was an addict. Drugs had been the demon that had ruined everything in my life, and anyone who had a love affair with them pretty much made my stomach turn. It brought up memories I wanted to stay buried. Needless to say, I wasn't exactly a fan of Jag. Funny thing is, people aren't always who you expect them to be. Never in a million years would I have thought the night I meet Jag would have any significance on the rest of my life, but it did. I found out that sometimes something that screams utter destruction might actually be your saving grace. Some people may say our story is too screwed up to be a romance, but for two broken people, we made the pieces fit together perfectly.


Roxy Full Cover
Buy Links copy
amazon-logo-80x80 Amazon UK Amazon CA Amazon AU
Review
 4 out of 5 stars Kindle Copy for Review

The love story of Roxy a bartender and Jag the rock star was never easy.

Roxy grew up with a father who ended up hooked on meth and a brother who died from a drug overdose despite being cleaned for years.  She has seen what destruction drugs can do.  When she meets Jag at a concert, she is attracted to him but puts him in place as she saw signs of his drug use.
Jag was everything Roxy hated from the drugs mostly and that he was arrogant and full of himself feeling he is entitled due to his fame.  He reminded her of her past and was not a fan of him and his lifestyle.

But that one night things would never be the same again as he keeps hanging out where I work and orders sexual shots.   He slowly won me over sending flowers when he was on tour.
How these two screwed up people, can be possible saviors in each other’s lives?  Sometimes we must face our downfall from our addictions to move past them.  Can these two find a way to move pass this situation?

It is a tale of what happens with any kind of drug addiction and knowing when we need help and sometimes not tempting things by surround oneself in the presence. A gripping plot that shows the hazards and having the right support to move forward.

OTHER BOOKS IN THIS SERIES

Jag (Book 1)

Jag Cover

ON SALE NOW

amazon-logo-80x80 Amazon UK
Rush (Book 2)
Rush Cover
amazon-logo-80x80 Amazon UK
Author Bio Trans
I grew up in the southern United States, and am still stuck here. The basics: I'm eccentric, I'm slightly obsessive, and I've been called a pervert. I love writing because it is nothing short of a magic trick. It pulls someone else into your mind and holds them there. Fair warning: my mind is pretty twisted, so watch out.
facebook
SBB Promotions Logo small copy

No comments:

Post a Comment